Frigidaire dishwashers have several common issues. Initiating this test mode will check all components on the dishwasher.
To initiate the self diagnostic mode the dishwasher needs to be in idle or power failure mode.
Press the Hi-Temp Wash button and Start/Cancel button for 1/2 second. The test mode will start if the buttons were pressed correctly.
Steps Of Water/Service Test Mode.
1. Fill/Dispenser: The dispenser motor will be activated and the dishwasher will fill with water. This test runs for 60 seconds.
2. Fill: The dishwasher will fill with water until the float switch is activated. This test will run for 27 seconds
3. Wash: The wash motor is activated. This test runs for 45 seconds.
4. Pause: Small pause between test cycles. This test runs for .5 seconds.
5. Wash/Heat: The wash motor and heater are activated. This test runs for 75 seconds.
6. Wash/Heat/Dispenser: The wash motor, heater element, and dispenser/Vent are activated for 60 seconds.
7. Drain: The drain motor is activated to drain the water from the dishwasher. This test runs for 90 seconds.
8. Dry: Heater element is activated. This test runs for 90 seconds.
If you are handy and know how to read a volt/ohm meter, you can make the tests needed to verify component are functioning correctly.
If you have more questions about your Frigidaire dishwasher, use the comment form below and I will try my best to assist you. You can also use our free DIY appliance repair forum located at the top of this page or by clicking on the link at the top of this post.